The Pine Ridge Land Information System (PRLIS) is a web-based land information system designed to assist members of the Oglala Sioux Tribe to access information about their lands and resources. The PRLIS was developed in partnership with the Oglala Sioux Tribe Land Office and made possible with support from the Indian Land Tenure Foundation.
The PRLIS makes it possible for members of the Oglala Sioux tribe to:
- Search for individually allotted and Tribal owned trust lands using the Tract ID.
- View, print and share a web link for the boundaries of specific land tracts.
- View Pine Ridge lands with various base layers including Google and Bing aerial photography, Google and Bing roads, Google and Bing Hybrid, and terrain.
- View a Landsat TM Image which can be used to assess the management and of lands on Pine Ridge.
- View a map of the Range Units that are leased across Pine Ridge.
- View the Boundaries of the Reservation as defined in the 1851 and 1868 Treaties.
- We plan to soon add other demographic, cultural, political information to the PRLIS. To request a specific layer, contact [email protected].