Earth Tipi is working to create accessible, sustainable housing and food sovereignty on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. They recently created this listing for a tipi near their headquarters on the Pine Ridge Reservation on the home-sharing website “AirBnB.com” What a great way you can learn more about Earth Tipi while also helping to support it.
This 16′ tipi purchased new this year! Ample space for up to 5 adults in sleeping bags. 2 twin sized beds are available. In this case only room for only 2 adults. 8 mi to Wounded Knee Massacre Site. Central location to explore Pine Ridge & Badlands.
- The Space
- How many times have you had the opportunity to sleep in a tipi on an indian reservation? Deer and coyote are often spotted crossing the site. We are also immediately adjacent to horse pastures on all sides. We are also home to a sustainable homestead model site and education center. Tours are available of our cob/strawbale hybrid home as well as our light straw clay office.
- Guest Access
- There are currently solar showers and composting toilets on site. We may be adding private showers and toilets for the tipi site but currently these amenities are shared with our campers. There is a covered picnic area for eating and in case of rain during the day. There is an outdoor kitchen that is primarily for group use but, use can be arranged for tipi renters if arrangements are made in advance (hours may be specific/limited)
- Interaction with Guests
- We live on site and are available to answer questions about the area.
- The Neighborhood
- We are centrally located on the reservation. If you are coming to tour the area ours is a great spot to start off. Wounded Knee Massacre site and museum are just 8 miles away. We are 2.5 miles from a convenience store and just 3.5 miles from Betty’s Kitchen a local favorite restaurant.
- Getting around
- There is a reservation shuttle service that operates within the boundaries of the reservation. This is an easy and economical way to see the entire reservation. Stops 2-3 times per day at Pinky’s store in Manderson (2.5 miles on the paved road).