ENGAGEMENT THROUGH LEADERSHIP
Course Tuition: $390
Duration: 5 Weeks
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s): 2
|Next Offered||Deadline to Register||Registration Status||Offered By|
|March 6 - April 10, 2015||March 1, 2015||Open|
This course is designed to help you develop skills and awareness in order to empower and engage your community through leadership training. Many sections in this course use theory and methods adapted (with permission) from the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL). Participation is important for the course, as each section will lay a foundation for the next. In order to help you develop your own leadership style, the course will build and expand upon concepts through discussions and experiential tools. Sections 1 and 2 provide a foundation in self-leadership. Section 3 provides the transition between leading self and leading with others, and Sections 4 and 5 focus on leading with others.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Define leadership for self and apply these definitions to a leadership framework.
- Identify core personal values and explore how values affect personal leadership styles.
- Understand the role of vision in leadership and explore tools for developing both personal and organizational vision.
- Explore the many sources of power, apply power sources to leadership styles, and make a plan for “powerful leadership”.
- Learn how to lead in diverse situations.
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a leader, especially when giving and receiving feedback.
- Once you develop leadership skills in yourself, you can use your training to help others in your community or workplace discover their own leadership talent.
Counts Towards the Following Specialized Track: Participatory Facilitation
For more information about this program please contact Kristina Miller at [email protected] or +1-970-237-3002 ext. 503.