Course Tuition: $390
Duration: 5 Weeks
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s): 2
|Next Offered||Deadline to Register||Registration Status||Offered By|
Given the basic knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Assistance, this course provides participants the opportunity to explore various toolkits and standards used throughout Humanitarian Assistance with both breadth and depth.
Participants will gain an understanding for standard resources and guidelines that have been created to ensure and maintain human dignity, quality of life, impactful and sustainable service delivery, and sustainability of response through recovery and resiliency.
This course will provide participants an introduction to tools necessary to engage in humanitarian assistance more effectively. By providing participants the opportunity to examine and understand international standards and guidelines, participants will gain an improved ability to deliver impactful and coordinated action that benefits individuals and communities.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify critical international guidelines used in Humanitarian Assistance.
- Explain the creation of SPHERE, its significance and utility.
- Discuss inter-sectoral collaboration in relation to recent emergency contexts.
- Recognize key tools for needs assessments.
- Relate international standards to monitoring and evaluation of programming.
- Describe mainstreaming for vulnerable populations in emergency contexts.
Counts Towards the Following Specialized Track:
- Humanitarian Assistance
For more information about this program please contact Kristina Miller at [email protected] or +1-970-237-3002 ext. 503.